Sixth Amendment Rights May Hold the Key to Your Defense
The Sixth Amendment is a huge gift to the criminal defendant. The rights spelled out in this amendment protect the accused regardless of guilt. A knowledgeable criminal defense attorney will use every available tool that may help bring about a positive outcome for a client.
Regardless of the criminal charges you face in Utah, we encourage you to contact us at the law offices of Greg Smith and Associates, Criminal Law Attorneys, in Salt Lake City.
Stand Up for Your Constitutional Rights After a Criminal Arrest in Utah
We are prepared to explain your Sixth Amendment rights and how they are likely to help you in your particular criminal defense matter. Specific provisions of the Sixth Amendment of the U. S. Constitution are as follows:
- In all criminal prosecutions, the accused has the right to a speedy and public trial (usually within one year).
- He/she also has the right to be tried by an impartial jury.
- He/she must be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation.
- He/she has the right to confront the witnesses against him/her.
- He/she also has the right to a lawyer.
Free Consultations · 24 Hours a Day, Seven Days a Week
Contact us night or day, any day of the week. Our lawyers are ready to talk to you about the steps we will take to defend you against criminal charges in Utah.