Legal Resources for Utah Residents
At Greg Smith and Associates, we believe that being informed about your legal options is the best way for you to guide us in your defense. Attorneys at our firm have experience working in law enforcement and the prosecutor’s office, so we are aware of the common pitfalls and misconceptions that many Utah residents have about how the law works.
In addition to providing excellent legal advice during our free initial consultations, we routinely publish content on important legal topics. Some of our frequently updated legal sources for Utah residents include:
If you have a particular criminal law situation that you would like more information on, please feel free to contact our law firm. We are available at any time by calling 801-651-1512 or by contacting us online.
Other Popular Legal Sources
Here are some other legal sources that we find valuable:
- SCOTUS blog: A blog covering the U.S. Supreme Court, including summaries of pending and decided cases with historical context
- Salt Lake City FBI: This website contains press releases about the most notorious federal crimes and federal criminal law changes impacting Utah.
- University of Utah Law News: Updates from the staff and faculty of the University of Utah Law School
- FindLaw: This is the country’s largest database of publicly accessible law summaries. Although not a replacement for speaking with a lawyer, the FindLaw knowledge base is a good place to start researching a criminal law issue.
- The Legal Examiner: This website contains articles written by lawyers on a diverse range of subjects, including criminal law.
There are many places online to find accurate legal information, but if you are facing criminal charges, it is important to have face-to-face contact with an experienced Utah defense attorney. To set up a free case evaluation and consultation with one of our criminal defense attorneys, call us at 801-651-1512 or contact us online.