Utah Ponzi Scheme Lawyers
Investment fraud is taken very seriously in Utah. The Utah Division of Securities warns investors of common scams such as those listed below. If you have been accused of, arrested or charged with any fraud directed at investors in Utah, contact our law firm to discuss your legal rights and the best course of action in your defense.
Examples of investor fraud in Utah as reported by the Utah Division of Securities include:
- Ponzi scheme-style real estate fraud scams that did not offer investors the security through real estate holdings that was promised
- “Secret” Homeland Security scams whereby investors were asked to invest in nonexistent national security projects
- Hedge fund fraud and other investment schemes run by unlicensed or unqualified advisers
- Unsuitable options trading programs involving unlicensed promoters who did not properly register funds
- Letter of credit schemes and advance fee schemes wherein investors are promised huge proceeds from investments
- Free-meal investment seminars involving exaggerated or misleading claims and high-risk investments
- Fake Internet sites soliciting investments
- Oil and gas and mining schemes involving investments that were never sent to mining companies as promised
- “Phishing” schemes involving information associated with Internet stock trading accounts
- Stock offerings sold without proper registration of securities
- Mortgage fraud scams
If your investment company is under investigation for violation of Blue Sky rules, nonregistration of securities or other forms of investment fraud, you are encouraged to seek legal counsel at the earliest opportunity. Mitigation of damage and a bold response to allegations of wrongdoing are important goals that should be discussed frankly with an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
Contact Our Salt Lake City White Collar Crime Defense Law Firm
At Greg Smith and Associates, we know what it takes to protect your rights. Our founding attorney, Greg Smith, is well-respected in the Salt Lake City community for aggressively protecting the rights of his clients.
Greg Smith and Associates, Criminal Law Attorneys, is an established law firm, here to offer those who need our advocacy the benefit of our experience. We regularly advise other attorneys and share our insights with the public.
Free Consultations • 24 Hours a Day, Seven Days a Week
To arrange your free consultation with Greg Smith and Associates, call us at 801-651-1512 or send us an email. We are one of the most well-known criminal defense law firms in the Salt Lake City area and many police officers and judges hire us when they face criminal charges.