Salt Lake City Criminal Defense Attorneys.
Salt Lake City Criminal Defense Lawyer
Compassionate Legal Help for People Facing Criminal Charges in Utah
The Salt Lake City criminal law attorneys at Greg Smith and Associates offer a full array of criminal defense services to residents of Salt Lake City and surrounding communities in Utah. Clients with high-stakes criminal cases know they can rely on us in their fight to obtain the most favorable outcome in their criminal case.
If you are facing felony or misdemeanor charges in state or federal court for a violent crime, sex crime, drug crime or any other crime, contact the Salt Lake City criminal defense lawyers at our firm. Your initial consultation is free. Call 801-651-1512. We serve clients in Salt Lake City and throughout the state of Utah.
Thorough, Effective Defense Against All Criminal Charges
Our lead attorneys have prosecutorial experience, and one has trained police officers. You can feel confident knowing that we are well-prepared to handle your case. We understand how criminal cases are investigated, charged and brought to court. This helps us build effective legal strategies to protect our clients from criminal conviction. We have excellent reputations with prosecutors. Our credibility goes a long way in helping us in negotiations when that is in our client’s best interest in cases involving:
- Violent crimes causing injury or death, including:
- Business/financial crimes, such as the white collar crimes of embezzlement, money laundering and all types of fraud
- Drug crimes involving possession of marijuana and other illegal drugs or unlawful possession of prescription drugs, drug manufacturing, drug smuggling and drug trafficking
- Drunk driving charges, whether a first DUI offense or felony DUI repeat offender charges. Utah’s DUI laws are some of the toughest in the nation. If you have a professional license — such as a doctor, lawyer or nurse does — you run the risk of losing it with a DUI conviction.
- Federal criminal charges for high-level drug cases, racketeering and conspiracy charges, felonies on federal property and defense of military personnel. We also handle federal criminal appeals.
- Other crimes, including property crimes, disorderly conduct, juvenile crimes such as minor in possession, environmental crimes and fish and game violations (including poaching and other wildlife violations), traffic violations and probation/parole violations
- Criminal appeals
You Have Rights — We Protect Them
When you work with our firm, we will explain your rights and the defense options available to you. Can you petition to reduce the charges or enter a plea agreement? Is an alternative sentence or treatment program an option? Should you cooperate with a grand jury investigation or refuse to speak? How will a criminal conviction affect your immigration status or your job or security clearance status?
We will thoroughly review the details of your case to advise you how your defense options will affect your life today and into the future, so that together we can achieve the best outcome for your particular circumstances.
Contact Our Utah Criminal Law Attorneys
When your future is at stake, it is important to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney. Arrange a free initial consultation with a lawyer at Greg Smith and Associates by contacting us online or calling 801-651-1512.