Utah Criminal Attorneys
Immediate Assistance for People Accused of Crimes
If you or someone you love has been charged with a crime — regardless of complete innocence or guilt — we can help. We will understand you, and we will not judge you or your loved one. For us, every human life is precious, even if a person has made a mistake, no matter how small or large. We are called "humans" instead of "robots" for a reason: Nobody is perfect.
Contact our criminal defense lawyers in Salt Lake City to schedule a consultation by contacting us online or by calling 888-708-8867. You can count on a humane, compassionate response to your concerns regarding any type of criminal charges.
Most of our work is done in Salt Lake, Utah, Weber and Summit counties; however, we travel statewide, from St. George (Washington County) in the south to Vernal (Uinta County) in the north. Here is what we are typically hired to do:
1. Try to get a person out of jail fast. We can usually meet with your loved one in jail the SAME day we are hired — and yes, we will definitely send your love, prayers and support! We work with bail bondsmen that are Utah's best and most trusted and can get you the lowest bail rates possible. Do not hire a bondsman before contacting us! This is because we often get bail reduced dramatically, saving the family and/or friends thousands of dollars, or get the accused out of jail without having to pay any bail at all.
2. Represent the accused, so that he or she can get the best deal possible. This may mean getting the case totally dismissed, negotiating a fair resolution, fighting the case at trial and/or appealing the case.
3. Help people get charges and convictions reduced or erased from their criminal records, even if we were not the original attorneys.
4. Let the accused know that his or her life is precious, and still has TREMENDOUS VALUE! Some of our clients are at rock bottom and think their lives are worthless (some are even suicidal). We do our best to lift their spirits, and we let them know that we will fight for them and that we truly care about them. We assure them that WE WILL GET THEM THROUGH THIS! There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Contact Us Now for a Free Consultation
Even if it is late at night, a Saturday or a Sunday, we encourage you to contact a Salt Lake City criminal defense lawyer at our office so we can get started defending your rights immediately. You can email us or call us 24/7. That's right, we are a law firm that does its best to help you 24 hours a day, even on holidays.
An actual lawyer will respond (usually our lead attorney, Gregory B. Smith). Our local number is 801-924-4934 and our toll-free number is 888-708-8867. We believe that people exist to have joy. Let us help put the joy back in your life!
A Commitment to Serving You
We charge very reasonable rates in all legal matters. We defend people facing these and other criminal charges:
- Violent crimes, including domestic violence, sex crimes, assault and gun crimes
- Business crimes, including white collar crimes and a variety of fraud charges
- Drug crimes, including possession, distribution, manufacturing and drug trafficking
- Drunk driving (DUI), from first offense to felony repeat offenders
- Federal crimes, such as conspiracy, federal weapons violations and defense of military personnel
- Other crimes, including property crimes, juvenile crimes, wildlife violations and poaching, traffic violations, probation and parole violations and appeals
We have received public attention because we frequently get criminal defense cases rightfully dismissed or, in the interest of justice, reduced. Although we play by the rules, our winning percentage is excellent.
Remember: Simply pleading guilty can be totally stupid, even if you are guilty. You still have rights, and you should not get a worse deal than somebody else simply because you want to take responsibility for what you have done! Do NOT plead guilty before you consult with us! And please, talk to us before you try to talk to a prosecutor. It is often hard for us to undo the damage that has been done before we were hired. Criminal law is very complicated, and every judge and prosecutor has his or her own style and beliefs. We know those styles and beg you not to try to handle a case on your own.
Judges and prosecutors know us and respect us. We have a job to do for you, and they understand that. They know that we are honest, professional and willing to put in the effort necessary to pursue positive results for people like you.
Criminal Defense in Utah
Whether you are charged with a state crime in Utah or you are facing federal charges, you should know that the prosecutors will work hard to see you convicted. If you or a loved one has been charged with a crime, you need to know your rights and stick to them:
- You have the right to remain silent.
- You have the right to be presumed innocent until proven otherwise.
- You have the right to have a criminal defense attorney represent you.
We are on your side. We will listen to you. Even if you believe you are guilty, we will strive to get you the best deal possible.
Feedback From Satisfied Clients
"The domestic violence and DUI crimes that I was charged with would have ruined my career. Thank you for saving me! You are worth every penny I paid you."
"We were so afraid that my son was going to prison. You were compassionate and easy to talk to. We are amazed that you got the charges resolved. We were amazed at how thorough you were, and how you saw things that other lawyers that we had spoken to had not even noticed."
Our State-of-the-Art Response System
At the law offices of criminal defense attorneys Greg Smith and Associates, we use a new and unique system to respond quickly to calls: We actually pick up the phone! Similarly, when you send us an email, we will respond promptly.
Contact Our Utah Criminal Attorneys
We respond promptly to all calls and emails, no matter what hour of the day or night, on weekends and holidays. You will talk with an actual attorney, usually our lead attorney, Greg B. Smith. Call 801-924-4934 or toll free 888-708-8867. To schedule a free consultation, contact our Salt Lake City, Utah, criminal attorneys online.
Most of our work is done in Salt Lake City, Utah, and in Weber County and Summit County. However, we travel statewide, from St. George (Washington County) in the south to Vernal (Uinta County) in the north.
Free Consultations · 24 Hours a Day, Seven Days a Week
Clients with disabilities or impairments
Access to our office is available to clients and their family members at all times. Special equipment and communication devices are available upon request for our clients with visual, hearing, speech and physical impairment. In addition, arrangements can be made for verbal or sign language interpreters if needed to communicate between our attorneys and the client and family. Please notify our law office if any additional accommodations related to your disability or impairment are necessary to make your consultation more comfortable.
I understand that I am contacting a corporation, not an individual, and that if I do business with the law firm, it will be with that corporation, not any individual(s). I understand that Greg Smith and Associates is not the legal name of the law firm, rather, it is "Aafordable Legal Advocates, PC." I also understand that whatever may relate to, or arise out of, any communication with the law firm, which results in any type of legal action, such must be brought in the Third District Court of Utah, West Jordan Department, and that this is mandatory not permissive.